SEMESTER IN OXFORD
We shall be arranging an exciting cultural and academic programme for students who have graduated from High School or University and who wish to take a Study Abroad programme. The essential features of the programme are:
- Selected lectures in the University(www.ox.ac.uk)
- Membership of the prestigious Oxford University Union and Debating Society(www.oxford-union.org)
- Seminars and tutorials with a choice of over 20 subjects (at OISC)
- Accommodation in the University (selected dates ) or with Oxford families
- Hosted lunch in a College of the University
- “Behind closed doors” visit to the colleges and libraries of the University
These are taken in the form of a semester or year in Oxford and are a wonderful opportunity for students to discover the joys of Oxford, whilst continuing their education and broadening their horizons. Some students take these programmes to enhance their existing studies, and possibly gain accreditation from their own high school or college.
The programmes are very much tailor made and are unlike any other academic programme we offer. Some students choose to fill their schedule with academic study, aiming to work towards a qualification of some kind, whilst others choose to explore lots of different subjects which they have never studied.
The most important thing about these courses is their flexibility. We have welcomed students who have arrived planning to study Architecture at university, and have left to pursue undergraduate study in International Relations.
All students taking a gap year or study abroad semester receive full certification from OISC, with letters of recommendation and references to their school or college to ensure they receive credit where possible.
If you would like further information, or if you have a student who is considering a study abroad year or semester, please contact us.